How to Watch Amazon Prime Video on TV?
If you enjoy watching movies and series, you may have wanted to expand your entertainment life beyond your so-called OTT catalog. One of the many varieties of streaming apps is Amazon Prime Video, which is not compatible with Chromecast. But, there are some ways to get around this lack of compatibility. In this article, we’ll show you how to watch Amazon Prime Video on your TV with or without Chromecast.
Computer + HDMI cable + TV
This is the simplest solution, perhaps not the most beautiful. You will need to keep your computer, whether desktop or notebook, close to the television. The mess of cables and things out of place can be annoying, it is a fact. Currently, the following devices are compatible with Amazon Prime Video:
- Computers Windows and Mac OS (Via Website Streaming)
- Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Stick (Amazon devices)
- Echo Devices with display (Amazon devices)
- Fire Devices (Amazon devices: Fire phone, Kindle Fire I and II)
- iOS Devices (Apple devices: iPad, iPhone & iPod touch)
- Android Devices (Google devices, smartphones, and tablets)
- Game Consoles ( PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox 360 and One and Nintendo Wii and Wii U)
- TVs & Blu-ray Players ( Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Philips, and others)
- Set-top Boxes & Streaming Media Players (Apple TV, Tivo, Roku, and Nvidia Shield)
All above are the backbone of prime video and upcoming few years all players are very updated technology which helps to improve easy to watch tv at every supporting device and if you compare then you find the clarity.
Amazon Prime Video + Google Chrome + Chromecast
With Chrome on one of your computers, you can play a video you want to watch in your browser and cast it directly to Chromecast. Therefore, you will need a notebook or desktop or tablet for this to work. In the past, it was necessary to use an extension to stream directly from the browser. But in the latest versions of Chrome, this has been waived. Just click on the three-point menu (in the upper right corner), find the option “Transmit” and send. To start the transmission process via Chrome, follow the steps below and make sure you are using the correct HDMI as the receiving channel.
- Cast Amazon Prime Video - Chromecast
- Open your Google Chrome browser
- Go to the Amazon Prime Video website and log in
- Find the video you want to watch and play it normally
- Click on the “three vertical dots”.
- Select "Cast" and choose the Chromecast.
The obvious downside to using the desktop version of Chrome to stream Amazon Prime Video on your Chromecast is the lack of playback control. You will not be able to pause, fast forward, rewind, or adjust other settings from the comfort of your sofa. Instead, you’ll need to make changes to your computer.
Amazon Prime Video + Android + Chromecast
Remember that Android devices are compatible with the Amazon app, right? Then you can play and stream your Android screen. However, this may not work on some devices. Contrary to popular belief, Amazon did not block the feature. The problem is in HDR and 4K support. The Amazon Prime Video app is available for Androids on the Google Play Store and the “Cast screen” feature on your smartphone. Formerly called Google Cast and now Google Home, this application is capable of controlling connections between Google devices. There, you'll see a list of all supported devices, including Chromecast. Touch the correct option and, a few seconds later, you will see my smartphone on the TV.
You cannot use Android screencasting on all videos from websites and apps. If the media uses Silverlight, Flash, QuickTime, or VLC, this will not work. Fortunately, Amazon Prime Video does not use any of these technologies. Use your phone to browse and search for movies within Amazon Prime Video, as well as control playback, subtitles, and other features. Just make sure to put your phone in landscape mode and display it in full screen before sitting on the couch.